[ome-users] user feedback feedback

Andrea Falconi a.falconi at dundee.ac.uk
Thu May 19 16:08:24 BST 2005

Alastair --

We all appreciate your effort to give us detailed feedback and encourage you
to carry on in the future, if you have time.  We took note of all your
points and will try to address them all in the future releases.  Many of
those points fall under “Usability”, which due to the lack of developers we
couldn’t address properly.  The bad news is that we won’t be able to deal
with those issues in the short term (next few weeks), but the good news is
that we might be able to get more people on board to revamp the UI and
address all those UI issues.

So hopefully in a few months time we should be able to release a Java client
that provides all those features (like wizards, workflows, screens
navigation, help, etc.) that you would expect from a first class UI.  We
have a great deal of functionality but, as you rightly noticed, is in many
cases very hard to use -- or even figure out.

In this respect, what would be easy to do in the short term is to organize a
users meeting (to be held in Dundee probably) where we can demo the system
and explain how to use it.  This would also be an occasion for us to collect
more (direct) feedback from users.  This is just an idea, let us know what
you think.

Ciao

Andrea