[ome-users] Moving OME to a new machine

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Thu Jul 14 18:32:12 BST 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 05:28:06PM +0100, Graham Klyne wrote:
> Chris,

Hi Graham.

> Thanks!

You're welcome.

> I assume step 3 is run in psql, and is the key to changing the OMEIS URI?

psql is one way to execute the SQL command, yes. You could also use a
web based PostgreSQL database management tool like phpPgAdmin
(http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/) or a rich client GUI like pgAdmin
(http://www.pgadmin.org/). You'll need:

SELECT * FROM repositories;

to find out what to put in place of "$id" as well.

And this is how you change the OMEIS URI, yes. Though to what extent it
is a URI and not a URL I'm not exactly sure. :)

It'd be interesting to see "file://localhost/cgi-bin/omeis" or
"imap://localhost/omeis" actually work, heh.

> #g

Ciao.

-Chris