[ome-users] How to remove things from OME database?

Graham Klyne Graham.Klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 16:25:22 BST 2005

I've created an OME system installation, and the basic image importing
seems to work OK .. I can create datasets and browse lists of thumbnails.

Now I've moved the OME installation (and it's virtual machine) to a new
location (it's final intended home) and I'm trying to run the same simple
tests, but am getting different results like this:
[[
Importing images        FINISHED        Imported 0 images from 0 files. 1
scanned. 0 unknown format, 1 duplicates, 0 errors.
]]

The resulting datasets contains no images (even when I create a new dataset):
[[
testproject has 0 images, and is owned by in the OME group.
It's description is, ""
]]

I'm guessing that the database (which was copied with the other files) is
now out of phase with the file system data.  How can I reset the database
and start over, short of completely reinstalling OME?

Also, is there any way to selectively delete projects and/or images?

#g

---
Graham Klyne
Image Bioinformatics Research Group (http://www.bioimage.org/)
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford
South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PS, UK
E-mail: <Graham.Klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Direct phone: +44-(0)1865-281991
Departmental fax: +44-(0)1865-310447