[ome-users] Makefile out-of-date with respect to Makefile.PL

T. J. Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 5 16:12:00 BST 2005

Dear Anh,

As you can see below, the Vers/Arch/Home lines are transposed. There
was a transliteration problem that I fixed.
However this probably doesn't affect you because the lib and lib path
lines are correct.

>  Matlab Vers: glnx86
>  Matlab Arch: /usr/local/matlab
>  Matlab Home: 7.0.4.352
>  Include:  -I/usr/local/matlab/extern/include
>  Lib:      -L/usr/local/matlab/bin/glnx86 -lmx -leng -lut -lmat
> -licudata -licui
>                                      18n -licuuc -lustdio -lz
>  Lib Path: /usr/local/matlab/bin/glnx86

The way the Matlab-OME connector Test works is that
(src/perl2/OME/Matlab) is copied to a new temporary directory
(/var/tmp/OME/Matlab) whose ownership is set to the 'Matlab User'. This
copying step is necessary because the 'Matlab User' might not have
execute permissions in the folder where the OME distribution is
installed from.

Then the perl script /src/perl2/OME/Matlab is run by the 'Matlab User'.
This script is run through make (i.e. make test) because make sets
various important environmental variables (e.g. LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

I suspect that during the copying process on your machine, "Makefile"
is copied before "Makefile.PL". I added logic in the installer to
update 'Makefile' time-stamp to always be after Makefile.PL regardless
of the order they were copied over in.

Please checkout from CVS and try it out,
If the Matlab Module Test fails again please do ls -lT for
/var/tmp/OME/Matlab

Tom