[ome-devel] Major changes to openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy repository

Joshua Moore (Staff) j.a.moore at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Feb 27 12:51:19 GMT 2019

All-

this is a heads up for anyone interested in the happenings of our
GitHub repositories. I've just merged
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/pull/5934 which
removes nearly all of the Java code from the main OMERO repository.
The code has been moved to individual repositories like
https://github.com/ome/omero-server or
https://github.com/ome/omero-insight . You can find many of these
components as submodules of a new top-level repository
--https://github.com/ome/omero-build

This change is intended to allow us to release more frequent fixes to
the lower level components and follows on from a series of similar
changes to Bio-Formats (e.g. see
https://github.com/ome/bio-formats-build/). We'll eventually get to
the OMERO Python code as well, at which point everything should start
to settle down.

All of these changes have been tagged as OMERO 5.5.0-m3. There is
still a lot of work to do both in cleaning up all of our builds as
well as documenting the new process. If, however, you're interested in
getting your hands dirty early, we'd love to hear your questions &
feedback.

All the best,
~Josh