[ome-devel] Client side multi-threading

Etienne Dumoulin etienne at phenomic.ai
Tue May 29 17:51:09 BST 2018

Hi Omero developers,

I am currently creating histograms of pixel values for a given screen.

The simplest method I found is to iterate on the data two times, first to
find the extremes and then to count the number of pixels in each bin. You
have a method getHistogram, but it runs on an image rather than on a set of
images. I have it working, but it is little bit slow, so I tried to
multi-thread it using the Pool python object.

Unfortunately, I think the BlitzGateway object is getting locked when I
call it from a different Thread. I have also tried to create one object
instance by Thread without any success. Is there a way to create
multi-threaded jobs connected to omero on a single machine?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Etienne

--