[ome-devel] Issue Updating ROIs

Alison Walter wackywalter017 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 15:46:50 BST 2018

Hello all,

I am having an issue when updating ROIs. I am using OMERO 5.4, and
coding in Java. When I download ROIs, modify them, and then save them
back to OMERO the ROIs are not always updated on the server.

A ROI that is not positioned in Z or T, updates fine. However, if the
ROI is positioned at a Z and T location it does not update on the
server. So a RectangleData with position Z=1 T=2 would not be updated.
But a RectangleData with Z=null T=5 would update.

If you take the RectangleData positioned in Z and T and try to update
it, the ROI returned by the ROIFacility is the un-updated version. But
if you take that returned ROI and modify that, then the ROI will be
updated on the server.

Should I not be using the ROIFacility to update ROIs on the server?
Should I use the DataManagerFacility instead? Or could this be an
issue with my local system?

Please let me know if you need any additional information from me.
Here's a gist with the code snippet I was using to test this behavior.
https://gist.github.com/awalter17/fee62bf0d0b72ab56513fab1a660ce19

Best wishes,
Alison