[ome-devel] Storing ImageJ ROI Provenance in OMERO

Alison Walter wackywalter017 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 15:49:26 GMT 2018

Hello all,

I have been working to add ROI support to ImageJ-OMERO, and I have a
question regarding how to store ROI provenance in OMERO.

In ImageJ, ROIs can be combined via a number of operations (i.e. and, or,
xor, etc.). This results in “composite ROIs” which have a tree-like
structure, which I would like to preserve when these ROIs are uploaded to
OMERO. However, I am not certain of the best way to achieve this. I’ve
outlined a few options in the github issue linked below.

https://github.com/imagej/imagej-omero/issues/71

The github issue also provides an example of the tree-like structure of
composite ROIs in ImageJ.

Any insight you can provide on this issue would be greatly appreciated, and
please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you very much,

Alison Walter