[ome-devel] Timestamp over HQL

Douglas Russell douglas_russell at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 11 19:07:43 GMT 2018

Hi,

I noticed something weird when getting timestamps using HQL:

If I use the `omero hql` functionality I get this:

(virtualenv) [omero-local at itlomerop01 ~]$ omero_server hql "SELECT event.id,
event.time FROM Event event WHERE id=4621437"

 # | Col1    | Col2
---+---------+--------------------------
 0 | 4621437 | Mon Jan 23 14:12:45 2017
(1 row)

Looks correct, and also this is what I see when I use the webclient.

Also, if I query the database directly I get the same date and if I ask the
database to convert to seconds from epoch, I get what I expect to see:

select extract(epoch from event.time) from event where id = 4621437;
   date_part
----------------
 1485180765.782

However, if I do a projection HQL query the response I get is:

Event ID, Event Time
4621437 1428347867334

What is 1428347867334? It's not seconds/milliseconds/microseconds/etc from
epoch.

The same is true when trying to query over a given range using an HQL
projection, which is ultimately what I was trying to achieve (a projection
where I use several criteria including the event timestamp).

Cheers,

Douglas