[ome-devel] OME.tiff with FLIM time gates that are not equally spaced in time

Munro, Ian i.munro at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 11:21:07 BST 2018

Thanks for the summary Sebastien.
I’ll try and get a PR together when I can.

Best

Ian

On 31 Jul 2018, at 13:39, Sebastien Besson (Staff) <s.besson at dundee.ac.uk<mailto:s.besson at dundee.ac.uk>> wrote:

Hi Ian and Romain,

having briefly discussed the state of the things internally, here is a summary:

- there is nothing in  FormatWriter that handles file existing i.e. the writer will write to the
  specified output stream
- handling file deletion prior to writing is the responsiblity of the caller of the low-level
  writer API
- the `bfconvert` command-line utility contains some logic to detect the output file
  existence and overwrite it either via an interactive opt-in or via the `-overwrite` option
- the `bfsave.m` MATLAB utility does not contain any such logic at the moment. Until
  Bio-Formats 5.9.0 it is the responsibility of the bfsave caller to handle file existence.

Implementing some overwriting logic at the MATLAB level probably controlled by a
key/value option would probably be a reasonable choice if this helped addressing the
issues you and Romain faced. In this case, feel free to suggest your changes as a
Pull Request against the Bio-Formats source code repository.

Best,
Sebastien