[ome-devel] OMERO security release upcoming

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Sep 7 16:54:01 BST 2017

Hi David,

Thanks for raising the issue. Our plan has been to only release OMERO 5.3.4 and include the security fixes in the upcoming OMERO 5.4.0.

However, we understand that a portion of our community is still using OMERO 5.2 and might not be able to upgrade to OMERO 5.3 within such short notice. Instead of a full 5.2.9 release, we are currently investigating workarounds for the OMERO 5.2.x series that will be documented in the security advisories.

Nevertheless, upgrading to OMERO 5.3 will be very much suggested as following this update we will exclusively focus on the release of OMERO 5.4.0 due by the end of this month [1] which will drop all security support for OMERO 5.2.

Best regards,
Sébastien

[1] https://trello.com/b/SiqOu2Bl/omero-540