[ome-devel] Conda Omero Python Bindings

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Mar 20 09:04:27 GMT 2017

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Thomas Wollmann
<thomas.wollmann at bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> Dear Omero community,

Hi Thomas,

> installing Omero Python bindings is not as straightforward as other Python
> modules. Therefore I decided to create a Conda package for it and submitted
> it to the Bioconda channel: https://anaconda.org/bioconda/python-omero

This is great, thanks! We've been considering the idea of a conda
recipe for some time, but knowing that there's interest (and enough to
open a PR) is definitely appreciated.

> Feel free to use it! If you want to extend the recipe submit a pull request
> to https://github.com/bioconda/bioconda-recipes.

For our part, we'll help make sure that the recipe always provides the
latest version. Were there any other features you were looking to have
available from bioconda, e.g. bin/omero?

Anyone else out there using conda currently?

> Acknowledgements: This work was supported by the BMBF-funded Heidelberg
> Center for Human Bioinformatics (HD-HuB) within the German Network for
> Bioinformatics Infrastructure (de.NBI) #031A537C.
>
> Sincerely
> Thomas Wollmann

All the best,
~Josh

p.s. for anyone who would like to give Thomas' work a try, this
Dockerfile is one place to start:

FROM continuumio/miniconda
RUN /opt/conda/bin/conda install -c bioconda python-omero=5.2.7
RUN adduser omero
USER omero