[ome-devel] Olympus SlideScan.ini importer problems with ome.formats.model.ChannelProcessor.process(ChannelProcessor.java:469)

Paul Richards paulrichards321 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 21:55:57 GMT 2017

Hello,

I have successfully developed a separate open source C++ program to convert
Olympus SlideScan.ini pyramid images into big tiff format. I have since
been working on a open microscopy version of this importer, but keep
running into a java NullPointer exception on import. I have been debugging
this for about a week with no luck. I can import the images fine if I do
not assign resolutionCount > 1, but then I do not see the pyramid view.
Attached is the log with the java runtime error. I have tried different
version of bioformats, and grabbed yesterday's git version of the open
microscopy source code and also tried 5.2.7 with no luck. I keep getting
the same NullPointer error. I know I must be doing something wrong!

Here is the source code of the import module:

http://medtech.med.wayne.edu/test/OlympusINIReader.java

(just plop this file into
bioformats-5.3.4/components/formats-gpl/src/loci/in and run ant in the
formats-gpl directory)

http://medtech.med.wayne.edu/test/readers.txt

(this file goes into
bioformats-5.3.4/components/formats-api/src/loci/formatsats-api/src/)

Please let me know if you would like me to use the git tree for these, I
didn't include them since they are not working properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Paul Richards
Web Developer
Wayne State University School of Medicine