[ome-devel] CLI render

Damir Sudar dsudar at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 11 23:22:43 BST 2017

Hi Josh and all,

On 7/10/2017 6:45, Josh Moore wrote:
> Rather than trying more of this, I thought to check with you first
> whether I'm missing something fundamental.
> 5.3 :) (or the upcoming 5.4)
>
> Fundamentally, the plugin is not production quality and has only been
> used in isolated situations. We certainly intend to get it into the
> testing pipeline for 5.4 but that's not likely to uncover what's going
> on with 5.2. If you or anyone on your side wants to continue digging,
> we're happy to evaluate your changes, but there's a question of how
> far you want to go in modifying your local installation.
>
> Cheers,
> ~Josh.
Thanks. For now I'll refrain from delving any deeper into this. Simon
had warned me that this was very early code and not tested extensively.
I look forward to it appearing in full glory in a future version.

Meanwhile, I had kludged together a regular OMERO script
(HCS_Render_Settings.py) that does a number of the things that the
render.py plugin does but much much less elegantly and very slowly. I'll
use that for now. That script is on: https://github.com/dsudar/OMEROscripts

Cheers,
- Damir