[ome-devel] Issue happened while using bfConverter

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Nov 8 09:06:55 GMT 2016

On 11/08/2016 04:55 AM, Parvathy Pillai wrote:

> When I try to convert the file got the below exception.

> Exception in thread "main" loci.formats.UnsupportedCompressionException:
> Sorry,
>
> CCITT T.6 bi-level encoding (Group 4 Fax) compression mode is not supported

Parvathy, I'm afraid that the above remains the case: Bio-Formats does
not yet support that kind of TIFF compression and I am not aware of any
near-term plans for it to do so. If you would like to be notified when
support is added then just let me know and I will add you to the related
ticket at http://trac.openmicroscopy.org/ome/ticket/7781

If you are able to upload an example file to
http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/ then we will include it in
our testing when someday we do add support.

In the meantime, perhaps some other image conversion software could
rewrite the file in a different way, even as another kind of TIFF, so
that it can be used with the present set of OME tools.

-- Mark