[ome-devel] Fwd: [IDR Project] Zegami / IDR

Eleanor Williams exwilliams at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 22:03:05 BST 2016

Hi Damir

To convert the omero tables to key-value pairs annotations we are again using the CLI metadata populate script along with a yaml-format configuration file to specify which columns we want to take from the omero tables and put into Key-Value Annotations.

This component of the metadata functionality is still in the development stage and so to use it you need to:

1. use the latest version of omero (5.2.4) and

2. then run as

OMERO_DEV_PLUGINS=1  bin/omero metadata populate --context bulkmap --cfg bulkmap-config.yml Screen:n

where n is the screen number in omero.

An example config file for one of our screens is here

<https://github.com/IDR/idr-metadata/blob/master/idr0002-heriche-condensation/screenA/idr0002-screenA-bulkmap-config.yml>https://github.com/IDR/idr-metadata/blob/master/idr0002-heriche-condensation/screenA/idr0002-screenA-bulkmap-config.yml

You can see I have just picked out some of the columns from the annotation.csv<https://github.com/IDR/idr-metadata/blob/master/idr0002-heriche-condensation/screenA/idr0002-screenA-annotation.csv> file, in this case ones that I thought IDR users might use as search terms, and I have specified URLs for some.  You can also change the 'display name' of the column using the ' clientname' tag and create URLs using the 'clientvalue' tag.

Let us know if you have any problems running this, or suggestions for improvement.

Best regards
Eleanor