[ome-devel] Problems about autoscale in Bioformats.

David Gault (Staff) d.gault at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jun 23 14:57:37 BST 2016

Hi Vincent,

Having tested both of the files provided it does initially appear as though 1 has had autoscaling applied while the other has not.
Setting the autoscale variable in the ImporterOptions is indeed the correct way to toggle if Bio-Formats applies a min max calculation when reading the images. From testing both files the option in Bio-Formats appears to being applied correctly.

In this case the reason for the appearance of one image being autoscaled all the time is due to the min max range used in both images.
- For  IBSR01.mnc I am seeing a max value of 286, which enables it to be distinctive when autoscaling is turned on or off
- For the other image, C00004.mc, the max value is 65535 which is the full range of the 16 bits. As such it displays with the same range no matter if autoscaling is being applied or not.

I hope thats makes sense and answers your question.

With Thanks,
David Gault