[ome-devel] 'Modulo' tag Start/End types

Berg, Stuart bergs at janelia.hhmi.org
Fri Jul 29 00:25:40 BST 2016

Hi,

I use Christoph Gohlke's 'tifffile.py' library for interpreting OME-TIFF
metadata.  One of my users recently reported that tifffile.py chokes on a
file created by the 'bfconvert' tool[1].  The problem turns out to be this
tag:

<ModuloAlongC End="1.0" Start="0.0" Step="1.0" Type="other"
TypeDescription="TCSPC" />

The tifffile.py code expects Start/End/Step to be straightforwardly
convertible to int, not float.  If I understand correctly, these fields
will always be integers, so they could have been written as Start="1",
Step="1", etc.  Therefore, it seems wrong for bfconvert to write "1.0",
right?

But if you think this is expected output from bfconvert, then I'm happy to
submit a tiny patch to the tifffile.py repo.

Best regards,
Stuart

[1]: https://github.com/ilastik/ilastik/issues/1289