[ome-devel] Adding min/max information to PyramidTiffReader

Paul van Schayck paul at vanschayck.nl
Thu Jan 7 16:32:55 GMT 2016

Dear list,

I'm working on the PyramidTiffReader to read pyramided BigTiff files.
With the changes in OMERO 5.1 there is no min max calculation taking
place anymore upon import. No StatsInfo is being created anymore for
any files over the pyramid resolution.

But because we do the stitching and creation of the pyramid ourselves,
we are processing all pixels anyway. It would be possible for us to
add the min max information to an IFD tag to make it available to the
PyramidTiffReader. But I've been struggling to create the code to
perform this. So far I've tried to add the following lines to
initMetadataStore in PyramidTiffReader.java:

    if (store instanceof IMinMaxStore) {
        IMinMaxStore minMaxStore = (IMinMaxStore) store;
        minMaxStore.setChannelGlobalMinMax(0, min, max, series);
    }

However, store is not an instance of IMinMaxStore, and this piece is
never executed. What would the correct way to solve this?

Cheers,

Paul