[ome-devel] Super-Resolution standard format

Simon Li spli at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Sep 18 15:03:49 BST 2015

Dear Alex

Thanks for adding your file formats. As you might've seen earlier in this thread I made a start on a Python script for importing some SR data into OMERO.tables, which is essentaily HDF5 behind the scenes with some OMERO-specific conventions (in terms of metadata inside the HDF5). Our current (tentative) plans are to stick with this, but remove the OMERO-specific requirements.

https://github.com/manics/omero-superresolution-tables

Ian Munro has done some work on getting PALM-siever and ThunderSTORM to work with this format.

Where we could really use your help is in getting everyone to agree on what columns should be mandatory, their types (for example, should x/y/z always be in nm), and anything else we might've missed.

Best wishes

Simon