[ome-devel] Bio-Formats 5.1.x/5.2.x split

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Oct 22 11:32:17 BST 2015

Dear all,

Following the release of Bio-Formats 5.1.5 [1], our two future milestones now
become Bio-Formats 5.1.6 [2] and Bio-Formats 5.2.0 [3]. To be able to work
effectively on both series without holding back development, now is the time
for us to split our development branches.

Most of these changes have been carried out in the last few days. Do not hesitate
to ask or report issues.

A short summary of changes is described below:

At the source code level:
- dev_5_1 has been branched from develop at commit 57ccdde [4] of the Bio-Formats
  source code repository. All bug fixes PRs will be opened against this branch.
- the develop branch now becomes the primary branch for the Bio-Formats 5.2.x
  development. A PR has been merged to upload 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT Maven artifacts [5]
- the daily snoopycrimecop branches integrating PRs now become:
  * dev_5_1/merge/daily for Bio-Formats 5.1.x
  * develop/merge/daily for Bio-Formats 5.2.x

At the CI (Jenkins) level:
- the Bio-Formats 5.1.x jobs are unmodified. All the builds/tests are still performed by
   the BIOFORMATS-5.1-* jobs [6].
- the development of Bio-Formats 5.2.x will be integrated and tested via the
   BIOFORMATS-DEV-* jobs [7].

A contributing documentation PR has been opened to document this new process [8].

Regards,
The OME Team

[1] https://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7911
[2] https://trello.com/b/3roe12Bs/bio-formats-5-1-6