[ome-devel] Ending Java 6 support with 5.2 OMERO & Bio-Formats releases

Helen Flynn (Staff) h.flynn at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Oct 15 15:58:32 BST 2015

Dear All,

The new forthcoming major releases of OMERO and Bio-Formats will not support Java 6. We recommend all Java 6 users upgrade as this version no longer has security support. Full details and recommendations on upgrading are available on our blog - http://blog.openmicroscopy.org/tech-issues/future-plans/2015/10/15/java-6/

Regards,

The OME Team

Dr Helen Flynn
OME Technical Writer