[ome-devel] Logging change since 4.10?

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Wed May 27 16:44:58 BST 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Harri Jäälinoja
<harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi> wrote:
> Hi Josh,

Tag,

> I progressed to some build problems. I moved the hyldap component code to a
> proper repository, and prepared a branch for OMERO5 modifications.
> https://github.com/hajaalin/omero-hyldap/tree/omero5

Nice.

> I then cloned this in openmicroscopy/components/hyldap. Now when I try to
> build the project, I get an error.
>
> OMERO_BRANCH=5.1.1 BUILD_NUMBER=0 sh docs/hudson/OMERO.sh
>
> Entering /build/components/hyldap...
>
> testng-init:
> occurred while executing this line:
> /build/components/antlib/resources/lifecycle.xml:184: impossible to resolve
> dependencies:
>     java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: a module is not authorized to depend
> on itself: omero#hyldap;5.1.1-328-f978880-ice35-b0
>     at
> org.apache.ivy.core.resolve.IvyNodeCallers.addCaller(IvyNodeCallers.java:167)
>     at org.apache.ivy.core.resolve.IvyNode.addCaller(IvyNode.java:1076)

This is just a small error in test.xml. see:

  https://github.com/hajaalin/omero-hyldap/pull/1

> Is there a way to build only the hyldap component? " ./build.py -f
> components/hyldap/build.xml" doesn't work, it doesn't know the id of the
> build that was made before (omero#server;UNKNOWN: not found).

If you see the "UNKNOWN" error anywhere, you can override the version
like this:

  cd components/hyldap
  ant test-compile -Domero.version=5.1.2-ice35-SNAPSHOT

This is likely due to the git-ness of your repo being different from the main
repo. Not sure there's a way to work around this when building just the one
directory, i.e. it might be required to pass the top-level version.

> Best,
> Harri

Cheers,
~Josh.

P.S (again) reading over the 2012 thread, I do wonder if the many
changes to the LDAP plugin since 4.x wouldn't get you what you need
without your own plugin. Happy to help you with either endeavor
though.