[ome-devel] Logging change since 4.10?

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue May 26 16:55:54 BST 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Harri Jäälinoja
<harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> maybe Josh most of all :)

Hi Harri,

> In case you remember, you helped me to write a custom LDAP component:
> https://gist.github.com/hajaalin/2172934

I do indeed.

> I'm having problems with this and a OMERO 5.1.0 server. Some logins work
> (possibly those that used to work before upgrade from version 4.10?), but
> somehow adding new groups does not work, users in the new groups are not
> able to log in. Furthermore, log messages from this component don't show up
> in Blitz log like they used to, so it's difficult to say what's going on.
>
> Is there some log configuration trick I should do to get logging working
> again?

Could you send your current configuration (minus passwords) and I'll
have a look.

> Thanks,
> Harri

All the best,
~Josh.

P.S. you likely should migrate to SL4J rather than:

import org.apache.commons.logging.Log;

in your component. That should fix the logging. Configuration takes
place via etc/logback.xml.