[ome-devel] 2015 OME Users Meeting UPDATE!!!!

Jason Swedlow (Staff) j.r.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk
Mon May 11 12:27:36 BST 2015

Dear All-

Just a last reminder- if you want to register for the OME Users Meeting, please do so soon.  The registration deadline is tomorrow!!!

See

https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/minutes/meetings/10th-annual-users-meeting-june-2015

for more info.

Two late-breaking updates:

1.  Our final speaker has been announced- Tanja Ninkovic, from Euro-BioImaging (http://eurobioimaging.eu) will provide an update on the project's work and progress.  This will be a chance for many of you to hear where the project is and where it is going.

2. This year, we'll add a new section to the meeting, starting at 10:30 on the first morning, where we'll invite any and all meeting participants to give a short 3' presentation, with 2' for short questions on their work to the whole community.  Ideally, we'd like everyone in the community to give a short "lightning talk".  It's not mandatory, but it would be great for everyone to get a quick sampling of where the community is, and what it needs over the next year.  Please note that these talks will necessarily be quite short, and realistically limited to 3-4', 5 slides max.  We'll have to be strict with the timing.  Contact June Matthew (j.matthew at dundee.ac.uk) or me if you'd like to give a talk.

Look forward to seeing you in Paris!

Cheers,

Jason

Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression | Open Microscopy Environment | University of Dundee

Phone:  +44 (0) 1382 385819
email: j.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk<mailto:j.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk>

Web: http://www.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk/people/jason-swedlow
Open Microscopy Environment: http://openmicroscopy.org<http://openmicroscopy.org/>