[ome-devel] Publishing your data from OMERO

Helen Flynn (Staff) h.flynn at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jun 1 11:35:18 BST 2015

Dear All,

Amongst all the excitement of the 5.1.2 releases and the build up to the Paris user meeting, you probably missed that we have also updated and expanded our documentation on how to use OMERO to host your data for viewing by the wider public, for example, to allow access to the raw data from a study you are publishing or as part of a data repository for your institution.

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/products/omero now has a new 'Publish' section which highlights the help user guide for publishing your data (http://help.openmicroscopy.org/publish.html) and the new Sysadmin section on 'Optimizing OMERO as a Data Repository' (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.1/sysadmins/index.html#optimizing-omero-as-a-data-repository).

Between these documents, you should have all the information you need to start sharing your data with anyone via URLs, or to customize your OMERO.web installation (e.g. with your institution logo on the log-in page and a custom index page) and use it to host a data repository or as a teaching tool like the Virtual Microscope we run for Medical School students here at University of Dundee.

We are also still working on developing our permissions system to help with various publication scenarios. If you have a specific use case which you don't think is covered by our current system, please get in touch!

Regards,

The OME Team

Dr Helen Flynn
OME Technical Writer