[ome-devel] Fwd: [OME] #12918: Bug: allow different dimensions between .sdt blocks

Munro, Ian i.munro at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jul 23 10:15:44 BST 2015

Hello

I sent the the user who had originally reported the above issue with PLIM/FLIM files a beta version of FLIMfit (built with bio-formats 5.1.3) to check that her issue had been addressed.
I received the response below.

I attempted to check this with SPCImage and could only see the first (FLIM) Image.
Apparently her workflow to see the PLIM image is "I open first the images in the acquisition software SPCM, then click on the second window with the PLIM image (first window is FLIM) and I select File-Send data to SPC Image.” .

I was able to check that the Modulo-along annotation is the same for both images by importing to an OMERO server which suggests that the problem is outwith the FLIMfit software.

Regards

Ian

Begin forwarded message:

Hi Ian,

I tried to load again the PLIM data in the new version. The good thing is that I can select between the two data sets containing the FLIM (ch 0) and the PLIM (ch 1) image, and the shape of the PLIM curve is similar to the one displayed by B&H.

However, the time axis doesn't seem to be the same as in B&H. In the attached image ‚PLIM SPCImage’, the time axis goes up to 1331 microseconds (so a bit more than 1 ms), while in the image ‘PLIM FLIMFit 4-9-1’, the axis goes up only to 50 ns (50 000 ps). I guess there are still some data that are not correctly read from the original file. I don’t think it’s just a matter of ps-ns-us, because the end numbers are not different only by factors of 1000-1000000.

Thank you very much for trying to solve the issue and sorry for creating trouble.

[cid:f90b6564-4740-42a2-b522-a8bd0909401c at imperial.ac.uk]
[cid:f5b454e4-a883-460d-958e-5a8cc1e66c87 at imperial.ac.uk]