[ome-devel] Omero and docker

Hadrien Mary hadrien.mary at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 11:08:51 GMT 2015

Hi guys,

I created a Dockerfile some weeks ago :
https://github.com/hadim/docker-omero. The main purpose was to both
learn how to install OME and get some training with docker.

I am planning to install an OME server for our lab and I am not
satisfied with my Dockerfile since it's pretty limited and use only
one instance for everything (no separated database instance).

I noticed it exists two repositories which seem to be official and
used there : https://github.com/ome/docker and
https://github.com/omedocker/omedocker. I'd like to test these
dockerfiles to see if it can fit for production in my case.

My questions are:

- for what purpose are you using docker (testing, production, ci...) ?
- what is the difference between both repos ?
- which one should I use ?
- does a more complete documentation exist about how to use these
dockerfiles (currently I am reading Makefile as a documentation) ?

Thanks !

--
Hadrien Mary

Ph.D student in Biology