[ome-devel] Trouble with OMERO.Dropbox

Colin Blackburn c.blackburn at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 11:14:55 GMT 2015

Hi Niko,

> Sure, we'd love to try this. In the current situation, DropBox is entirely unusable for our scenario :-(

I’ll push a commit as soon as I can and let you know. I assume your server is built using our 5.0.x line?

> Is there no way to configure the behaviour of the inotify subsystem to trigger (or pass on) modification with a lower frequency, e.g. only once per second instead of once per millisecond?

No, not as far as I can see from the python library we us, pyinotify. The latest version of this library, later than the one one we bundle, allows events to be ignored but they are still propagated from inotify to pyinotify but just passed no further.

Cheers,

Colin