[ome-devel] Draft programme for Paris Users Meeting

Jason Swedlow (Staff) j.r.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk
Sat Apr 25 19:50:32 BST 2015

Dear All-

Just a quick additional note- we're very excited about the upcoming OME meeting.  We've got a very diverse set of speakers, with presentations on a variety of imaging  data solutions.  Topics will include using imaging informatics in cancer phenotyping, plant breeding, pathology and publication.  It should be a very exciting set of afternoon.

As always, a major goal of the meeting is to sample the needs of the community through both formal and informal means.  This year, we'll add a new section to the meeting, starting at 10:30 on the first morning, where we'll invite any and all meeting participants to give a short 3' presentation, with 2' for short questions on their work to the whole community.  We'd like to start the meeting with these "lightning talks" to set the stage for what the community is trying to do and identify any common themes or issues we need to address over the remainder of the two days.

Please note that these talks will necessarily be quite short, and realistically limited to 3-4', 5 slides max.  We'll have to be strict with the timing.

If you'd like to give a short talk at the OME Users Meeting, please contact either June Matthew or me to get on the list- we'll need your name, affiliation and talk title.

Thanks again to everyone for another great year of work together on open source image data access and management.  We look forward to seeing you at the Institut Pasteur on June 2.

Cheers,

Jason

Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression | Open Microscopy Environment | University of Dundee

Phone:  +44 (0) 1382 385819
email: j.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk<mailto:j.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk>

Web: http://www.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk/people/jason-swedlow
Open Microscopy Environment: http://openmicroscopy.org<http://openmicroscopy.org/>