[ome-devel] batch export unsuccessful

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Sep 9 17:10:20 BST 2014

On Sep 9, 2014, at 5:58 PM, Yanling Liu wrote:

> Josh,

Hi Yanling,

> I have solved the problem by redirecting the OMERO tmp folder to a larger
> partition. It was the hard drive space limitation causing the problem.

For anyone looking for more information about this, OMERO_TEMPDIR is
described under:

https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/unix/server-installation.html#environment-variables

and with more detail under:

https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/developers/Modules/TempFileManager.html?highlight=omero_tempdir

> On the other hand, I have found that Blitz-0.log files can get really big
> along with Blitz-0.log.1, Blitz-0.log.2... files. Is there a way to control
> the size and life time for Blitz log files? Otherwise I would have to
> create a cron job to clean up Blitz log files periodically.

You can modify "FixedWindowRollingPolicy" and "SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy"
in https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/blob/v.5.0.4/etc/logback.xml
to reduce the amount of logging that takes place.

For more information, see
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/developers/logging.html?highlight=logging#java-servers

> Many thanks,
> Yanling