[ome-devel] Discrepancies between IFormatReader and IFormatWriter

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Sep 9 13:40:46 BST 2014

On 08/09/14 23:53, Melissa Linkert wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>

>> 7. Are get/setFramesPerSecond used and/or useful?  Looking at the code,
>> they aren't used by the Java writer in any meaningful way?  Can these be
>> omitted from the C++ code?
>
> The frames per second setting is used in the APNG, AVI, and QuickTime
> writers.  Preserving this in C++ is necessary.

OK.  Could this use float rather than int for the framerate?  I see some
code is manually casting to int, but surely there's a use for rates
slower than 1fps and for some output formats fractional rates are needed
(e.g. NTSC).

Maybe we need a framerate value for the rendering settings modelling?

> If you feel strongly that any of these are things that must be changed
> in the Java API, feel free to add to:
>
> https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/12181

Thanks.  Certainly for the methods which are made redundant by new
additions to the model, we might consider deprecation and removal.

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,