[ome-devel] batch export unsuccessful

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Sep 9 10:14:03 BST 2014

On Sep 8, 2014, at 7:30 PM, Yanling Liu wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Yanling,

> Tried to do batch image export over a 76 images dataset but failed.
>
> As shown in the attached images.tif file, the processing seems to be
> interrupted as output log message got truncated. It failed at 5963P_04.tif
> and there's around 20 images remain unprocessed.

Do you still have the Blitz-0.log and the Processor-0.log for that event? var/log/master.out and var/log/master.err may also be useful in case the Python process is crashing.

> Could this a memory issue? Any hint to modify ome configuration to increase
> useable memory for batch export?

It really depends on which service is having issues. The documentation for bumping memory is available at:

https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/server-performance.html#jvm-memory-settings

But you might be able to wait until we pinpoint the error.

> In the attached batch_image_export.tiff file, the failed batch export task
> is shown as green check mark and a previous batch export task with smaller
> number of images was success.
>
> Thanks,
> Yanling

Cheers,