[ome-devel] LDAP question

Blazej Pindelski b.pindelski at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Sep 5 16:28:25 BST 2014

On 5 Sep 2014, at 15:56, Yanling Liu <vrnova at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Yanling

> Could I have some help in configuring OME to use LDAP?
>
> Right now I have following information available:
>
> domain name
> domain controller
> site/urls
> base
> bind password
>
> but how do I put these information into OME? I have checked OME LDAP documentation page but it didn't mention domain name, domain controller, and bind password, when do I need to use them?
>
> Any help?

The best starting place would be http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/server-ldap.html#minimum-configuration.
The settings have to be understood as follows:
- omero.ldap.config=true - switches on the LDAP subsystem in OMERO,
- omero.ldap.urls=ldap://localhost:389 - that is the URL of the LDAP/AD server (site/urls in your case?),
- omero.ldap.username and omero.ldap.password - those are the credentials (I'd imagine "bind password, in your case) used for connecting to the LDAP/AD server,
- omero.ldap.base=ou=example,o=com - this is the base from which OMERO will start to look for users ("base" in your case).

I hope that helps. If the documentation can be improved, please let us know.

Regards,
Blazej