[ome-devel] Access settings from importer gui

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Jul 17 20:59:07 BST 2014

Hi Christoph,

> An alternative is to implement a custom dialog for the reader. I was
> hesitating with that, since it will interfere with the API and,
> perhaps, leads to problems in headless mode!?

If you really care about issues like that, I would encourage you to get
involved in the SCIFIO [1] project, which is the flagship image I/O library
for ImageJ2 [2]. One of ImageJ2's design goals is to be fully usable
headless. There are tutorials available for SCIFIO [3], but the design is
still in beta and needs more iterations before it will be complete. Feel
free to write to the SCIFIO mailing list [4] with any questions or ideas.

Regards,
Curtis

[1] http://imagej.net/SCIFIO
[2] http://imagej.net/ImageJ2