[ome-devel] Access settings from importer gui

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Jul 16 19:21:39 BST 2014

Hi Christoph,

> In my reader it takes quite some time to extract the ROIs (data may
> contain long time-lapse...). Of course, I would try to avoid reading
> the ROIs in, when the user actually just wants to look at the raw
> pixel data (i.e. "Display ROIs" not checked)

That's what the MetadataLevel is for. For example, the BMPReader only
populates optional metadata when the MetadataLevel is set to a value higher
than MetadataLevel.MINIMUM:

https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/blob/v5.0.2/components/formats-bsd/src/loci/formats/in/BMPReader.java#L291-L316

However, the ImageJ plugin always sets the metadata level higher than
MINIMUM. So while your reader can respect that value, it won't really save
any time at the ImageJ level to do so.

Regards,
Curtis