[ome-devel] collaboration and group/permission in OME

Yanling Liu vrnova at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 19:05:54 BST 2014

Hi,

Suppose we have user 1 in group 1, user 2 in group 2.
Both user 1 and user 2 have some images stored in OME. Both group 1 and
group 2 are read-only.

Let's say user 1 needs to collaborate with user 2, so I add user 1 to group
2 as a member, now user 1 can switch to user 2 in group 2 in order to see
images of user 2 (and other member's image in group 2).

Now, if I try to import images to user 1 in group 2, will user 1 only see
these images in group 2? In other words, if one user belongs to multiple
groups, will the user have to switch to different groups in order to see
his/her images in different groups?

Besides adding users to different groups, I am not aware of other ways to
share images between groups.

Also, would it be possible to share data per user and per project? For
example, if user 1 wants to share project 1 with user 2, is there a way
other than adding user 2 to user 1's group?

I feel this could be a little confusing...trying to figure out how to do
collaboration in OME...

Thanks,
Yanling