[ome-devel] Issue after upgrading from 4.4.5 to 4.4.9

Niko Ehrenfeuchter nikolaus.ehrenfeuchter at unibas.ch
Tue Nov 12 16:12:39 GMT 2013

Hi all,

[This is a followup to the recent messages on the ome-users list about
our problems upgrading to the latest OMERO version. I'm starting a new
thread to keep different issues apart (and I'm redirecting this to the
ome-devel list as I think this is the more appropriate audience, feel
free to correct this if you disagree).]

Long story short: after the upgrade one of our users doesn't see any of
his data any more. I made sure the Java client is up-to-date, we tried
the web client together (double checking I can see my own data if *I*
log on). He's able to see his profile data in the Insight client, but
none of his datasets or images show up. Neither in the project tree nor
in under "images" or "search".

It is really important for us to have this working again, how can we
debug this? Unfortunately (at least in this case) we are using LDAP/AD
authentication, I can't even temporarily set a password for debugging
purposes, so I won't be able to test by impersonating as this user. At
least unless there is a safe way to temporarily disable LDAP for *this*
user and re-enable it later on...

Best regards
~Niko