[ome-devel] Recommendation to record spectrums in OME-TIFF

Éric Piel piel at delmic.com
Fri Nov 8 08:54:05 GMT 2013

Hello,

I'd like to use OME-TIFF to store our microscope image acquisitions.
However, after looking at the OME specification, it is not clear how I
can save all metadata we need, so I'd like ask some advices.

The data contains a (light) spectrum for each spatial point. So it's 3D:
X, Y, and C. So far, so good. However, I'd like to record the scale
along C (i.e., the wavelengths). Typically, the C dimension has a length
of 100 or more points. At least, I'd need to record the minimum and
maximum wavelength. I cannot find any way to do so. Can anyone suggest a
way?

Note: In old version of the OME schema, I've found WaveStart and
WaveIncrement as attribute to Pixels. By using floats instead of int,
this kind of works. But I'd rather follow the latest version of the
specification.

Thanks,
Éric Piel