[ome-devel] adding woolz to bioformats

Bill Hill Bill.Hill at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jun 28 17:40:35 BST 2013

Melissa & Roger,

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll look to getting the
stage labels into the Reader and starting on the writer
next week. *Q* Will these work outside OME, eg in imagej?

I'm not sure how you want to handle the packaging? You'll
probably want to avoid any dependence on Woolz in bioformats.
I've a few Woolz plugins, eg gimp, Amira, etc and my thoughts
were to pushing this out to a new Woolz associated repository
but I'm happy with any way of getting it out there. I've
cloned but not forked in git, seems overkill yet as it's only
a single file modification and two new source files. Some
time ago (before swig existed!) I built a java wrapper
generator for Woolz. This makes most of the higher level stuff
of Woolz available to Java. It's probably only us that would
be interested, but it may be of interest? It's the volume of
stuff that's pulled in that makes me think you might want to
keep it separate, eg 500+ Woolz Java files and 8 Woolz libs.

Cheers,
Bill