[ome-devel] adding woolz to bioformats

Roger Leigh r.leigh at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jun 28 17:14:08 BST 2013

On 28/06/2013 17:00, Bill Hill wrote:

Hi Bill,

This all looks quite exciting.

> *Q* At the meeting we talked about some way of encoding the
> origin (Woolz objects have an arbitrary, possibly -ve origin).
> I can't remember, did it involve stage coordinates meta-data?

You can call store.setPlanePositionX (and Y+Z) to set the absolute
physical position (which can be negative--it's stored in floating
point). However, this is a per-plane parameter based upon a global
origin; with the current model you can't specify a global origin and
then use relative values, which would be nice, as far as I can see.

See http://www.openmicroscopy.org/Schemas/OME/2013-06/ome.xsd
(Plane -> PositionX/Y/Z).  Note that the units are unspecified; adding
units here and in other parts of the model is something we're currently
looking into.

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,