[ome-devel] Setting up an OMERO server for Aperio ScanScopeXT big images

Luca Lianas luca.lianas at crs4.it
Tue Jun 11 16:55:54 BST 2013

Hi,
during the next week we are going to acquire a set of 400 images produced
using an Aperio ScanScopeXT (each image is about 1.5 GB of data and has a
resolution of about 100k x 50k pixels), I'm trying to import some test
images using my notebook as server just to check if everything works fine.
I'm able to import and see the images, the only "problem" I'm experiencing
is that the server is very slow during the image processing performed by
the Pixel-Service (I know that running both the server and the insight
client on a notebook with a 3 years old i5 processor is not the smartest
thing that I can do).
I'm planning to install a virtual machine as OMERO server, do you have any
advice about the VM configuration or the settings of the server to prevent
performance issues when uploading and viewing these kind of images?

Thanks,

Luca

--
Luca Lianas