[ome-devel] Python API - Server version check

Luca Lianas luca.lianas at crs4.it
Thu Jul 18 13:15:21 BST 2013

Hi,
is there a way to perform a version check between the Python API and an
OMERO server?
We need some kind of automatic mechanism that will throw an exception if
the version of the server and the version of the compiled API are not the
same (i.e. using an OMERO 4.4.8 Python API against a 4.3 OMERO server).
Our idea is to add a "biobank" tag to perform a check which can guarantee
that the API we are using was compiled against the same ICE version and the
same OMERO.biobank models used to compile the server.

Thanks,

Luca

--
Luca Lianas