[ome-devel] 4.4.1 release of Bio-Formats

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Jul 20 13:53:26 BST 2012

Hello everyone,

Today, the OME Consortium (http://openmicroscopy.org/) announces
the 4.4.1 release of Bio-Formats (http://loci.wisc.edu/bio-formats).

This release fixes a few important bugs that prevented BigTIFF and
PerkinElmer .flex files from being readable.

You can download Bio-Formats here:

http://loci.wisc.edu/bio-formats/downloads

As usual, we are now working towards the next release (4.4.2).  Items
 which may be included in the next release are listed on this roadmap:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org/ome/query?group=status&component=Bio-Formats&milestone=OMERO-4.4.2

We are, as always, very grateful for the bug reports, test files, and patches
submitted by the community.  We are especially grateful to those who helped us
to identify the above bugs in 4.4.0, enabling us to provide a new version
relatively quickly.

If you have any questions or comments, or if you
have found a bug, please contact us as instructed here: