[ome-devel] How to define a photon counting format ?

TOURNEUR YVES yves.tourneur at univ-lyon1.fr
Wed Jul 4 10:29:10 BST 2012

Dear All,

We are developing photon counting cameras.
The data are very sparse and the images are not stored. Every frame of the camera is analyzed on-line and the coordinates of a photon is stored as a set of values of time and position: t, x and y.
Depending on the technology, t, x and y may either be integer (frame number, and position in the frame) or real (i.e. after interpolation).
We need to set-up a standard format to store these data, with a header containing the usual parameters (date, comments, optical device settings...) and the possibility to incorporate in the future more data such as event-markers.

Is there an existing standard we could use or modify ? At least, some suggestions ?

Thanks a lot,

Yves Tourneur

Yves Tourneur. Centre de Quantimétrie
Université Claude Bernard Lyon1, 8 Avenue Rockefeller, 69008 LYON.
Tel : (+33) 4 78 77 75 19          http://quantimetrie.univ-lyon1.fr