[ome-devel] [Fwd: Re: OMERO-Matlab: security bug]

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Jan 24 16:52:07 GMT 2012

On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:37 PM, Sebastien Besson wrote:

> Hi Josh,

Hi Sebastien,

> to complement Jay's answer, when trying to log in using a fake password,
> I get successfully denied from Matlab and Insight. I can only create
> sessions using an empty string or my true password under Matlab-OMERO

Is there any possibility that you've set omero.pass in an ice.config file somewhere? If you pass "omero.dump=1" to the omero.client constructor:

props = java.util.Properties();
props.setProperty('omero.user','sb286');
props.setProperty('omero.host','lincs-omero...');
props.setProperty('omero.dump', '1');
client = omero.client(props);
client.createSession();

What gets printed?
~Josh.

> Sebastien
>
> On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 11:20 -0500, Jay Copeland wrote:
>> Hello Josh,
>>

>> Sebastien's account is an LDAP account and the LDAP plugin is enabled.
>> Can you provide me with the right code snippet to examine the password
>> table you referred to?
>>

>> Thanks.
>>

>> Jay
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Sebastien Besson
>> <seb.besson at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>        Hi Jay,
>>
>>        do you know about the admin questions of Josh?
>>        Can we try to modify my password so that we test this bug?
>>
>>        Sebastien

>>> param.leaves();%indicate to load the images
>>> proxy=session.getContainerService();