[ome-devel] Current version in git

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Jan 19 10:14:43 GMT 2012

Just a heads up: for anyone working from a github branch, the omero.version number (which is used to detect client/server compatibility) was inadvertently not bumped from 4.3.3 to 4.4.0-DEV after release. I'm about to commit the new version after which you may receive login errors in insight: "The client version is not compatible with the following server". We will be working to loosen the restriction during development[7830], but in the meantime, you'll need to either rebuild your server version along with the clients, or set omero.version in etc/omero.properties to "4.3.4-DEV" (or similar) yourself before building.

Apologies for any confusion.
~Josh

[7830] https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/7830