[ome-devel] Storage format for 'fitted' parameter (FLIM) images?

Munro, Ian i.munro at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 12:16:40 GMT 2012

HI all

At the recent Dundee meeting I described 3 categories of data required to make OMERO compatible with
fluorescence lifetime imaging  (FLIM).

1) 'raw'  time-resolved intensity data		 (as acquired by the microscope)
2) fitted (floating point) parameter 'images'	(generated by fitting software)
3) merged RGB maps.					(for inclusion in papers etc)

Currently the 2nd type is stored as a .csv image by the fitting code that Donald has already included in OMERO.
There is concern here over this for two reasons:

1) iIt is inefficient  in terms of storage.
2) There will inevitably be a loss of precision.

Could we change to another format for this (assuming it isn't too late) ?
If so what format?

Any thoughts welcome.

Regards

Ian