[ome-devel] Debian+OMERO

Tony Travis ajt at minke.ukfsn.org
Wed Feb 1 12:36:29 GMT 2012

On 31/01/12 15:55, Josh Moore wrote:
> Forwarding to ome-devel, since Andreas' email didn't go through.
> Removed debian-med from CC to prevent the same issue in reverse.

Hi, Josh.

I followed OMERO Unix/Linux installation walk-through, and I think it is
worth packaging OMERO to simplify the installation process. However, I
also think it would be good to use Bio-Linux as a platform for OMERO.

I have a more pragmatic short-term view about packaging OMERO than
Andreas, but he is right about identifying what is and is not GPL in
your distribution. I understand that OMERO is developed under GPL, so
you will need to identify dependencies with non-GPL licences anyway.

I tried the ant 'clean' target in your build file, but I wonder if it is
possible to do the equivalent of "make dist-clean' in the source
directory to create pristine 'upstream' sources for Debian packaging?

Thanks,

   Tony.