[ome-devel] Problem when setting omero.data.dir in omero.properties file

Luca Lianas luca.lianas at crs4.it
Wed Aug 29 16:07:49 BST 2012

Hi Josh,

just to be clear, even if I'm building the server from the source code
downloaded from the git repository, I still have to use the 'omero config'
system in order to set up the omero.data.dir variable?
If so, why can I update all the other variables and even add new ones by
changing the etc/omero.properties file skipping the 'omero config' system?

Right now I noticed a strange behaviour...
I created the /OMERO directory in order to start the server even if in my
etc/omero.properties I set the omero.data.dir variable to
/opt/omero_4.4/data (I wanted to check the value of the omero.data.dir
using the python API).
After the server started, the FullText directory was created under the
/opt/omero_4.4/data/ directory not the /OMERO/ one.
In summary, after a build from scratch using the source code, server won't
start if I don't create the /OMERO directory or don't use the 'omero
config' to set up a new omero.data.dir (FATAL: OMERO directory does not
exist: /OMERO), but if I create the /OMERO dir the server uses the
directory specified as the omero.data.dir into the etc/omero.properties
file.... This IS weird :)

Thanks,
Luca

--